A few things we’ve been up to recently…
- Associate Professor Robert Doggett no longer goes by that title. Following a promotion, he is now Professor Robert Doggett.
- Prof. Tom Greenfield was selected for induction into the Geneseo Greek Hall of Fame for his work as adviser to Alpha Delta Epsilon since 2002. He is the first non-Geneseo graduate ever selected for this honor. His formal induction will be held as part of Homecoming in late September.
- In June, Prof. Caroline Woidat presented “Charlotte Perkins Gilman — Guest in Susan B. Anthony’s Home” for the Monday Lecture Series at the Susan B. Anthony Museum & House in Rochester, NY. Her slide show traced Gilman’s life and work, exploring her connections to Susan B. Anthony, Rochester, and the suffrage movement.
- Prof. Woidat was awarded the 2013 Roemer Summer Faculty Fellowship for a book project on Elizabeth Oakes Smith’s Indian fiction and other writings.
- Prof. Ed Gillin’s essay “Princeton, New Jersey, Princeton University, and the Nassau Literary Magazine” was published in F. Scott Fitzgerald in Context, edited by. Bryant Mangum (Cambridge University Press, 2013). This is the fourth Fitzgerald book to include a full-length article or essay by Professor Gillin.
- During the spring and summer, Prof. Paul Schacht gave presentations on Digital Thoreau at the SUNY Conversations in the Discipline conference on Digital Humanities at Suffolk Community College on Long Island (April), the American Literature Association annual conference in Boston (May),the Digital Humanities Summer Institute in Victoria, British Columbia (June); and the Thoreau Society Annual Gathering in Concord, MA (July).